September 16, 2010

Time sure does fly!




My little angel is 5 months old today. It seems like yesterday that I was still carrying him around inside me and I couldn't wait for him to be out! I have to admit sometimes I wish I was still pregnant so I wouldn't have to share him with anyone. :) He is growing up so fast. It amazes me, the fact that when I was a little girl it seemed like my birthday or Christmas would take so long to get here and that it would take forever to grow up...now that I am a mom this little life is flashing by me. It's incredible to watch this little person learn new things and just be so happy to stand up on my lap holding my hands. I try to soak every millisecond of his life in my mind so it will be a time capsule. When I'm rocking him or staring at him sleeping, I say to myself take a mental picture now...this memory will be my happy thought sometime down the road. You would all be amazed by the stock of memories already! I guess you can say watching your child grow up is bittersweet...a part of me wants him to stay a baby forever wanting him to need me all the time. Then another part of me is so excited to see him grow and learn and make new memories with him. I guess all I can do for now is sit back and enjoy the ride of being a mommy.

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't have said that any better. It truly is bittersweet watching your children grow. While you are so happy about each milestone, its just another reminder of how quickly they are growing. I tear up everyday as I sit in the carline watching my precious 2 year old walk into school holding his teachers hand. He's getting older and doesn't need me as much as he did as an infant and that makes me sad. Thank you for writing this blog. I felt like I was reading a page from my own thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you Kristin and we are so proud of you. What an adorable little boy you and Jeff have. Can't wait to see what life holds for Carter. It will be a joy to see him grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you sis, and appreciate you as a mother more than you'll ever know. I soak in everything you show me and tell me about motherhood and taking care of Carter. When I have babies (someday) I will be trained from the best. You have developed a beautiful softness that I can't even begin to describe. You are and will always be my role model.
    Thank you for all the time you let me spend with y'all. It means everything to me.

    ReplyDelete