January 8, 2011

3 peas in a pod

You can't get any better than this!

Today after many months of following her blog and talking back and forth on facebook, I got to meet Erin and her precious little boy Grady.  Erin found me on the NDSS (National Down Syndrome Society) facebook page.  She messaged me and friended me on facebook.  I am so glad she found me, Grady is 11 months old and he also has Down Syndrome.  He is an absolute little doll baby, with those sweet cheeks, and those denim blue eyes, it's hard not to fall in love with him. I told Erin, when meeting Grady that I felt like I was meeting a little celebrity, after seeing his pictures and learning all about him on her blog.  Erin, exactly like I imagined...so down to earth, she is such an amazing person, beautiful inside and out, and her heart shines right through with her love for God and her family.  She is truly an inspiration!  Erin's amazing blog

                                             Friends at first sight!
Joining in on the playdate was Whitney (my sidekick/sister/best friend), Erin's cousin Sarah, who was a very cool girl and I am so glad I got to meet her too, and my friend Korey and happy little Jack.  You have all heard me talk about Carter's bff Jack :) I met Korey when Carter was 2 months old we also contacted each other on facebook since having so much in common with our little bambinos.  We had lunch and the boys played for almost 3 hours.  Poor little Carter is cutting teeth so he wasn't his normal self.  We took a million pictures (no really a million!)  It was such a great day!

Watching these 3 little boys together showed me the meaning of God's work.  They are meant to be here with us and live amazing lives just like every other little boy in the world.  They are all special handmade gifts, carefully wrapped and given to us 3 lucky mommas.  Grady, Jack, and Carter I think you were meant for big things in life you are extraordinary little boys who are loved by so many!

                                                  3 proud mommas!

I feel so blessed to have these new friends and these precious little boys in my life.  I can't wait to watch them grow up together (Erin that's your hint to move here) and to see what God has in store for these boys!  I look forward to many more visits with Erin and Grady and so glad we finally met!


The sweetest thing ever...they all fell asleep at the same time!  We just had to take advantage of this and take a million more pictures!

3 comments:

  1. Kristin,
    Absolutely love these pics! Did Whitney take them (good job Whit!)? Carter, Jack & Grady are so adorable. I love your strength and passion to increase awareness of Down Syndrome and connect with other families who have extra special children as well. You are truly blessed to have such an amazing family and friends, not to mention to Carter who steals everyones heart! Seriously, I can't get enough of him.

    You are an inspiration Kris! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...nope I took them. Thank you so much Vic for reading and for being such a wonderful friend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting! Love it! It was such a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete