April 15, 2012

2 already???

Wow!  Emotions are high tonight on the eve of Carter's second birthday.  For some reason this birthday is more difficult for me than his first.  I held on tight and just kept staring at this sweet "baby" of mine as I rocked him to sleep tonight while tears streamed down my face.  I didn't want to lay him down.  I'm just not ready to say goodbye to those sweet baby years.  Don't get me wrong I am really excited to see what the future holds for our precious boy, but why does it have to go by so fast!?  I keep finding myself saying "well this time two years ago" and then I stop and just think wow two years?  Where in the world has the time gone?  I would go back and do it all over again the labor pains and all, but especially seeing that sweet face for the first time.  Laying my eyes on this beautiful miracle God so graciously gave to Jeff and I.  I will never forget seeing those almond shaped eyes, the squished nose, the folded tiny ears, his short little fingers and toes, and all that hair.  I was the only one in the room who knew his little secret that he was rocking that little extra chromosome, and when they laid him on my chest I took a deep breath and inhaled that wonderful smell of my baby boy.  He was perfect and beautiful and I was already so much in love!



So where did the time go?  Somehow, sometime, that tiny little baby became my sweet toddler.  He is the most loving, rambunctious, smart, amazing, determined, adorable, precious, crazy little boy!  He is my Carterbug!  Happy 2nd Birthday little boy, I love you so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment