May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

I am so thankful to be celebrating my second Mother's Day with Carter!  What an accomplishment and an honor it is to be celebrated on this special day!  I had such a great day yesterday, I got to sleep in and woke up to Jeff and Carter giving me a sweet card and a 1 hour massage gift card (much needed I should add).  We went to brunch with my sister and my momma at Printworks Bistro we sat outside, luckily it turned out to be a beautiful day.  I had some yummy french toast and mimosas!  We were planning on going to a baseball game later that afternoon, but Carter decided he didn't need a nap so I figured that would not make for a fun afternoon at the ballpark, so he and I eventually took a nap.  My mom and sister came over for dinner and we finished mother's day off right by playing my moms favorite game, sequence. 





I feel that I am a good mother, I hope that Carter thinks I am a great mother...it's the little things that make me feel like I am doing a good job.  When he wakes up early in the morning his eyes are half shut, but he still smiles because he knows I am there.  When I pick him up he hugs my neck so tight.  When I give him his first bottle of the day, he is too tired to hold it himself, but he does manage to hold my finger with his tiny little hand.  Every time without fail, as I am getting him to sleep he makes a noise then I do it back, this goes on and on then he laughs that adorable laugh.  If he sees me coming into a room, he grins so big his eyes close.  When he helps feed himself with a spoon he waits for me to say YAY Carter, so he can clap for himself!  I can ask for a kiss and I get one, smack on the lips, slobber and all!  I know where his ticklish spots are and how to get him to laugh, I know how to hold him a certain way to get him to sleep, I know which cry means what and how to get him to stop.  Motherhood is amazing that's all I can say, I am so lucky to have this precious little bug, the one who made me a mommy.

2 comments:

  1. Kris, you are an amazing mother and inspiration. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vic! Thats the best compliment I can ever get!

    ReplyDelete