June 24, 2011

Animal pancakes and blanket tents

All we did today was play, eat, and nap!  Carterbug is getting his top molars and they are no fun!  We got teeth marks all over the crib to prove it.  His nose is stuffy then runny, he is fussy, and he is putting everything in his mouth to soothe the pain. The good thing about it is that he wants to cuddle like crazy! I make him pancakes every Saturday, but I thought maybe it would make him feel better if we had them today.  So, during Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (Carterbug's favorite!) I made him a Mickey Mouse pancake and blueberries for breakfast.  One of my favorite things growing up was when my dad made me animal pancakes so I thought I would carry on the tradition.  He would always ask what animal do you want, and my sister and I would usually respond with Mickey or Minnie Mouse.  Every now and then we would test his artistic ability and ask for a elephant or a dog and to our surprise there it would be the perfect elephant trunk and all swimming in maple syrup on our plate.


Thanks Mommy!!

We made a tent today from my white comforter it was so cute watching Carter explore all the little nooks in the homemade tent, then he would giggle when it would fall down!  He makes my day, EVERYDAY!




Happy Friday!

3 comments:

  1. so cute! Nava had pancakes for breakfast this morning but I've never made animal ones..hmm...

    (a fellow new recruit on Pudge and Biggs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a PERFECT day!! Carter is to cute in his tye dye!! hope his molars get in soon!! smiles

    ReplyDelete