September 12, 2011

I've been busy...I promise!

Really it's been well over a month since I have been on this blog of mine.  It's hard to say why, I guess it could be that I have been working full time, and Carter has been in daycare and were still adjusting to our schedule.  I must say it's been a little difficult adjusting, a little part of me (okay a huge part of me) has this giant overwhelming sense of guilt every time I drop him off at daycare.  Yes, he likes daycare and has adjusted well, he no longer cries when I drop him off, and gets excited when he sees his little friends and his teachers, but when I leave him to literally walk next door to start my day at work it's hard for me to start my day.  I miss him like crazy, I want to be home with him, teaching him new things, loving on my little bug, I feel like all I do is think and talk about Carter.  I know this is probably normal mom feelings, but I miss my time with him.  By the time we get home it's time for dinner, a bath, and poor little guy is so tired from the day he is in bed by 8pm!  I am glad and very lucky to have Fridays off to be with Carter, I have named Fridays Carter and Mommy's day, we can do anything we want.  We have been to the water park, gone shopping, gone to get ice cream, and we have just enjoyed being at home.  I do enjoy those days the most, just hanging out it our pj's, watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, making pancakes, playing with his toys, and cuddling on the couch.  I really do like the daycare he is in, his teachers are great, and really willing to learn all about Down Syndrome, and ways they can work with Carter but of course I would rather be home with him. 
Carter has also brought home every kind of germ you can imagine home with him from daycare.  I very rarely get sick and I have been sick for over a month now.

On a lighter note fall is in the air, fall is my absolute favorite season, the weather, the smells, the food, sweaters and jeans, cowboy boots, harvest decorations, pumpkins, football, Carter dressing up in an adorable Halloween costume, whats not to love?  I have already decorated the house for fall (I was soooo over summer).  October is a big month, I have my girls beach trip, followed by the buddy walk, then to New York to see Erin Witkowski and her beautiful family for a long weekend! 

Carter is doing some new things around here, he waves bye bye and hello (cutest thing ever).  His belly laugh has grown and rather it coming up from his belly I think it starts at his toes, it's so loud and such a happy laugh you can't help but laugh back.  He is playing with more cause and effect toys, his new favorite thing is rolling the ball and catching it, you sit with him and roll the ball and out comes that belly laugh and then he claps for himself if he catches or rolls the ball.  He still isn't showing any interest in standing alone or walking, but it will come when he is ready.  I am so proud of my little buggy!!!

Just some adorable pics from my camera:
Enjoying Nah-Nah's birthday cake

Baked beans, hot dogs, and cake...great for the hair follicles

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

well hello there!

1 comment: