August 13, 2010

4 months already???


It's been a month since my last blog...Carter will be 4 months on the 16th! I can't believe it. I never thought these last months would go by so quickly. I start school Monday and I will not be by Carter's side every waking moment of his life. It's such a scary thought. I know he will be in good hands while I'm in school, but like any other mom my fear is what if I miss something. What if I miss him crawl for the first time, or his first word, or those first steps. I get knots in my stomach when I think about it!! These first 4 months of Carter's life have been one amazing ride. This tiny little baby is growing up before my eyes, and I'm soaking in every second of it!


Carter has been talking up a storm. When I say talking I mean he thinks he is having a conversation, it's oooooo, aaaaaaa, eeeeeeee. When I talk to him he looks at me, studying my mouth and everything that comes out. Sometimes I think he knows exactly what I am saying. He will copy noises that I make, its adorable! He has the sweetest belly laugh that will melt your heart, along with his big toothless grin!
Today Carter went to the doctor for his 4 month check up. He weighed 14 1/2 pounds and he was 24 1/2 inches. He had his second round of shots and didn't shed one tear. Dr. Young said he was perfect! He also found that Carter will be getting a tooth really soon!


Carter started rice and oatmeal cereal at 3 1/2 months. He has done great on the cereal, but now its on to bigger and better things! Applesauce, bananas, carrots, all the good stuff! Jeff and I have decided to make our own baby food. Im really excited about this decision to make our own food. He also had his very first haircut. It was getting so long that he was getting a Donald Trump combover! Mommy was way to nervous to cut so daddy stepped up to the plate. I don't know too many babies that had their first haircut at 4 months old.


My sweet little boy continues to amaze me each and everyday. I fall in love with him more and more everytime I look at him. I see so much of Jeff and myself in him. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for Carter and our family. As for now I'm cherishing every moment with my precious little boy!
Please check out the 2 poems on the left:
Welcome to Holland
Who Mothers the children with disabilities

No comments:

Post a Comment