March 15, 2011

Carter update

Here it comes, tomorrow Carterbug turns 11 months old...hard to believe.  I have started planning his birthday party...I first thought I was gonna go all out and invite everyone we know, then I decided to have a low key mostly family and a few friends over to our humble abode.  I am excited about his first birthday but I know I will be in tears that entire day.  I still can't believe how fast it has gone by.

So, for a Carter update:  the child can't sit still (I am not complaining one bit but boy am I sleepy at the end of the day).  He is crawling everywhere, pulling to stand, and at times he tries standing by himself without pulling up on an object, person, dog, or whatever else is in the way.  His therapists say he is doing very well. His physical therapist is pretty confident he may be walking by his birthday.  I don't like to put time lines on anything, so I just say he will walk when he is ready to walk.  He has started the crawl with one leg to the side, it freaked me out at first, but his PT said it was completely normal and that he wants to stand up so it is ok that he does that.  He has two teeth on the bottom and four coming in on top!  He has made everything a teether, the crib, changing table, book shelf, you name it he has tried to chew it!  Poor fella all four coming in at the same time is no fun!  We have developmental therapy once a week, physical therapy once a week, and now we decided to add in communication where he will learn signs, gestures and words!  I think it will be really interesting!  He is babbling alot saying mama, dada, and baba. He has discovered the dogs, he really loves to pull their hair to they yelp, but makes up for it by dropping them an occasional animal cracker or a cheerio.  He is eating more solids. We took him to Cracker Barrel for breakfast on Sunday, he had a little bit of pancakes, eggs, and grits (he liked the pancakes the best)!  He thinks everything is hilarious these days...if you laugh at something on tv, he laughs at you laughing, it makes me smile!

So to sum it all up...this little mama babblin', crazy crawlin', dog fur pullin', smilin', laughin',pancake lovin' baby boy makes me happy!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like he is doing wonderful. Our DT tells us that Abbie is way ahead, and she isn't doing hardly any of that stuff. Carter must be WAY, WAY ahead! He is SO, SO cute. If he needs a Texas girlfriend, I think Abbie is willing to step up. ;-) It is hard to believe how fast a year goes by. Abbie will be 1 in the beginning of May, and I just cannot believe it. Well happy planning of the birthday and Congrats on your gorgeous, smart boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sooooo much! Carter so needs a TX girlfriend! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed with all he is doing. I don't think we'll be close to hitting any milestones that early, but I love just knowing that it's possible! Happy early birthday, Carter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is doing great and so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete