October 6, 2010

Answered prayers...


I just wanted to take some time on my blog that means so much to me to say a huge thank you...

People that know me, know that I don't talk alot about religion. To me, my relationship with God is very personal. Considering I started a blog which is very personal I thought I should share........When I found out I was pregnant, I prayed every night. I prayed that God would give me a healthy child. I prayed that our baby would be happy, and I prayed that we would be great parents. I never once prayed for my child not to have any special needs. Because in the back of my mind, and deep in my heart I have always known that God would give me this wonderful gift. Call it intuition, I like to say it was Gods way of preparing me. If you read my very first blog about Carter's birth, you read that I was not shocked or upset about his diagnosis. We were just so happy to be finally holding this precious little boy in our arms. These 5 1/2 months that he has been here have been so life changing. Now every night as I am tucking Carter in, I whisper I love you I love you I love you I love you in his ear, kiss him on his head, then I say a prayer...

Dear God,

Please watch over my precious baby. Keep him safe. Let him be happy and healthy. Let him learn all that he can, and love with all of his heart. Thank you so much for this wonderful gift that you have given us. I feel so blessed to have him in my life.

Amen

Since Carter's birth, he has been doing so well. Thriving, this little guy amazes me. He inspires me want to be a better person, and live my life to the fullest. He is such a blessing to Jeff and I.

I am so thankful for answered prayers!


3 comments:

  1. What a precious little boy! Beautiful story!

    Rachel
    afamilyforanastasiya.blogspot.com
    adventuresinthephilippines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog. It touch my heart and brought tears to my eyes.We have alot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving and everyday. You are a precious Mom and I love watching you with Carter. I love you Meme

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't follow your blog when you posted this. I also never thought God would answer my prayers with a baby with Down Syndrome. However, SO, SO many of my prayers were answered when our Abbie was born. She and her sister are the lights of my life, and I wouldn't change a single thing about either one of them no matter what. All 46 chromosomes that her sister has and all 47 of Abbie's. I have no doubt and really never had any doubt that she will be one of the greatest gifts of my life. Carter is such a handsome little man!

    ReplyDelete