October 12, 2010

I'm the lucky one!


Since Carter was born, so many people has said God knew who to give him to. I have heard how he is so lucky to have such a loving family. I love all the kind words everyone has said, but honestly I wonder how did I get to be so lucky? How is it that I get to be the mother of this beautiful little boy? The little boy who makes me smile every day, who makes my heart skip a beat when he giggles, and who makes my life have so much more meaning! I am so proud to call him my son...I love when someone notices that he has Down Syndrome, they simply smile with a he is sooooo cute and asks does he have DS? I reply with a yep, he sure does with a big grin on my face! What can I say, I am one proud momma!


Carter continues to amaze me everyday...Today he had his doctor's appointment at the developmental clinic at Women's hospital. He weighs 17 pounds 1 ounce and he is 25 and 3 quarters inches long. He passed his hearing screen and amazed the dietitian, showed off for the physical therapists, and the developmental pediatrician thought he was a hoot. I said he made all A's on his report card today! He is rolling over both ways, pivoting towards a toy on his belly, trying to crawl and sit! Go Carter!!!


So really what did I do to deserve such a wonderful gift?




1 comment: