October 3, 2010

Bedtime stories


So on day three of my blog challenge I thought I would talk about something I am very passionate about....Reading to your baby. I have read to Carter every night since he was a week old. Yes, there is an occasional slip where he is already asleep. I know there is a great big chance that he has know idea what I am saying to him, but every night he knows when it's story time. He gets so excited when I sit with him and put a book in front of him. He holds the book as I read, plays with the pages, slaps the book, gazes at all the pictures, and he looks up at me while I'm reading to him, watching every word as they are coming out of my mouth. After were done he is so calm, ready to go to sleep. I really think that reading to your child is so important, for their development and it's a wonderful time to unwind and bond with your baby. No matter how busy I am with school work or whatever else that can get in my way, I always ALWAYS have time to sit down, cuddle up with Carter, and read him a bedtime story. Night-night!

1 comment:

  1. You are so right about reading being very important. My minor right now in school is reading and I have learned so much about how important developmentally it is for children. It starts at home and you are doing a wonderful thing reading to him every night. He is so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete