November 2, 2010

Special Angel

I found this beautiful poem today and thought I would share:

Special Angel

(Down Syndrome Birth)
by Sandy Eakle


As beautiful angels wings were


flying over the streets of gold,


the baby angels could only


watch since they weren't very old.


Then one day God stopped to


talk to a little one without wings,


just listen to the angels sing".


Confused yet excited the little


one said to the Lord,


"But I'm different from the others


God and not a miracle to behold".


"Oh, but yes you are," He said


with a hug and smile on his face.


"You're the greatest gift I can give


and a loving home you will grace".


You mean, tho I'm different and


will never be beautiful or smart


Someone will want me and give


me a place in their heart?"


"Gee God.....that person must be


special to be glad to have me,


Cause most folks would frown


and upset they would be."


God said, "your little heart was


filled with more love than most.


Cause I knew this family would


love you and hold you real close.


So go my little angel and take


the greatest gift I can bestow.


You're that "special" angel few


people have the honor to know."

2 comments:

  1. Ofcourse I think my son is beautiful and very smart!!!! I love him with all my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this ... thanks for sharing! And, I agree ... these children are much smarter than people can ever imagine!

    ReplyDelete