October 2, 2010

Day 2






Last night, Jeff and I were sitting on the couch with Carter. We were playing with him, trying to get him to do his adorable belly laugh that makes my heart explode full of happiness every time I hear it. Those times are truly the best times, being in our home, together as a family, entertaining "Carter bug." As I was soaking in every precious second with him, I looked up at Jeff and said, "can you believe he is almost 6 months old? He is almost a half a year old, I can't believe it has gone by so fast!" Jeff just smiled and said "it hasn't gone by fast at all." I smiled while thinking (you'll see one day we will look back and we will both say where did the time go?) That's the difference between a mommy and a daddy I guess. I actually had a conversation with Carter yesterday in his room, I was laying on the floor and Carter was on my belly, looking down at me. I asked him can you just stay little for as long as you can? He responded with his typical aaaagggggggoooo and laughed. I knew exactly what he was saying. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I'm at RCC in the computer and tears are rolling down my cheeks as I am reading your blog. It took me 9 years as a mom to learn what you already know, to embrace every stage that your child is at, and not to want them to grow up. Mimi tells me about what an awesome mom you are, I am so so happy for you and your family. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin you and I think so much a like! Sometimes i just cry thinking about stuff like this and knowing just how special this time is right now with McKaylen! I remember years ago my Mom told me that with her first child (my brother)she just took it all for grant, the time they spent together, memories etc. Then when she had me 9 years later in her late 20's she was more settled and really knew how fast it all goes. I remember her telling me she would take certain times of my life and say "i am going to remember this moment, i will keep this mental snap shot in my mind forever". I guess being told this story and really listening to her i have taken everyday with McKaylen as a blessing, realizing that i too will have this same conversation with My daughter one day, only having the memory of her as this sweet precious baby! -Courtney-

    ReplyDelete