January 2, 2011

Bittersweet end to 2010

Day 1
                                                                                        
Well 2010 has come to an end, and here we are already 2 days into 2011.  I would just like to reflect on 2010.  What an amazing year it was!  Last year at this time I was getting bigger...and bigger...AND BIGGER!  I couldn't wait to meet my little Carter.  That day finally came on April 16, 2010.  The best day of my life.  The evening that little boy entered the world, my life changed forever.  It was no longer about me or me and Jeff.  It was about us now, our family, with little Carter the center of that family.  Everything we did or said from that day on can have so much effect on him.  Within the past 8 months of Carter's life, I have learned so much.  Who would have thought that this tiny little person, who can't even put sentences together would teach me so much?  I have learned about unconditional love.  No matter how bad of a day I have all it takes is a big grin from that toothless mouth, to melt my heart and forget all about what I had been upset about.  I have learned that God gives you what you can handle.  He knew that Jeff and I would love this little boy more than anything.  He knew we would help him if he needed it, and that we would be here for him in many ways other parents wouldn't have to be for their children.  I have learned that a belly laugh makes the world go round.  Slobbery kisses are the best kisses.  My child making milestones is better than any award or lottery, and hearing him say mama is the sweetest song I have ever heard.  I have to say, I was a tiny bit sad when that ball dropped for 2011 but excited at the same time.  Sad, because yes it is exciting when Carter reaches a milestone but at the same time I get emotional because after it happens it is a memory here today gone tomorrow.  I will never experience his first Christmas again, but I will have many more Christmases to celebrate with him.  For some reason that was hard for me.  You build this image in your head for so long, his first Christmas has to be perfect, and it absolutely was!  He is loved by all and it snowed!!  Who could ask for more?  At the end of the day all I could think about was, it's over!  I will never get that day back, it is now a memory that I will treasure forever!  Excited, because I am so excited about what the future holds for our family and Carter.  I have this feeling that he is in store for big things!

Day 247

3 comments:

  1. Blessed beyond words we ALL are! Yes, 2010 was full of love, thankfulness, and precious little miracles :0)! Thank you God for this bundle of smiles, laughter, and joy! Carter BUG, we love you more than you know and can't wait to see what 2011 brings! Kristin and Jeff--you do not cease to amaze me at your natural parenting and abundance of love that you have for this angel! Welcome to parenthood--we are so glad that you could join us!! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said... 2010 was the best year!
    As a sister and new aunt I have learned and seen so much! Carter has brought us even closer and I'm so thankful for all of our time together! You and Jeff continue to amaze me. I am looking forward to the year(s) to come! You are without a doubt THE role model in my life.-whit

    ReplyDelete
  3. precious family!!! Have fun with Erin and Grady! wanted to say "hi" and nice to "meet" you, our Parker is 19 months, you have lots of fun days ahead!!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete