January 17, 2011

I am blessed...

Just thought I would share with everyone, something that I experienced today that put a smile on my face!  Today I took Carter to the Fresh Market (and it was his first time in the grocery buggy).  Everyone that passed us just looked at him and said aww he is so cute.  A few people came up to me to ask how old Carter was and commented about his helmet and they knew someone that wore one (this happens everywhere we go).  Well the part that made me so happy was when I got to the deli area.  The lady helping me looked at Carter and said how precious he was, then looked at me and said "you are so blessed, you know that don't you?  It takes such a special person, and you have been blessed with this special little boy".  I smiled so big and said I sure am!  I never really wonder if people notice that Carter has Down Syndrome.  I honestly don't think about it.  Strangers compliment Carter all the time about what a good lookin' kid he is and I just smile and say thank you, because I think I have the cutest kid on the planet!  I have never walked away thinking to myself I wonder if they know that he has Down Syndrome???  I find myself thinking all the time that our family is a "typical family".  Maybe because Carter is our first child and this is our "normal".  Therapies, buddy walks, Down Syndrome play groups, blogging, everything to do with Down Syndrome is our everyday life!  I couldn't imagine our lives any other way!  I truly am blessed!

"Every good and perfect gift is from above" ~James 1:17


3 comments:

  1. you are truly an inspiration! you are very blessed, and i think you are also a blessing. i came across your blog a while ago and i absolutely love reading it. you and your family make me smile with so much joy. you all have so much love in your hearts and i can see it all over your faces! God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!! You are so sweet for stopping by and reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a little blue this morning, and when I saw your recent post on FB, I said to my self "I know, I can read about little Carter and he'll put a smile on my face" Of course the usual happened, I cried. Thanks for sharing part of your little Carter with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete