February 18, 2011

Growing up isn't easy...(for mommy)

Ten months down, two to go until Carterbug turns the big 1!!  I can't believe how fast it's going by.  I am trying to savor every second of these precious months that I still have an infant...One, wow where has the time gone?  I still remember having to leave that precious tiny newborn in the NICU while we went home.  I remember the day we brought him home, such a great feeling!   I remember him sleeping beside me all bundled up in his bassinet, waking up every 2 hours to eat.  I remember how teeny tiny he was, when I held him it felt like I was holding air.  I remember the first time he smiled, and laughed, rolled over, sat up, ate cereal then solids, his first vacation and how he loved sleeping on the beach, his first therapy session, the first book I read to him, so many things I will never forget...now that little stinker has started to crawl and has the rug burned knees to prove it (it's not perfect but he can get where he wants to go).  Carter is pulling up to stand in his crib and on anything or anyone else he can find, turns the page while were reading, splashes like crazy in the tub, he is doing awesome at self feeding from a cookie down to a tiny cheerio, he has mastered the sippy cup (it's the cutest thing I have ever seen).  Carter holds his arms out really big to signal he wants a hug then puts his arms around your neck.  Ask him for a kiss he takes both hands to your face and lays one on ya.  This little man is the light of my life and shows me something new everyday.   As I begin the countdown to the big day, I look at this precious little boy and love him more than ever. I have so many hopes and dreams for him and I wonder what the future holds for him.  Like, what cartoon will be his favorite.  Will he watch one particular movie over and over, what sports will he want to play, where will he go to school, will he go to college, who will be his best friend, when will he be to cool to hang out with me, will he meet the girl of his dreams, will his heart get broken, will he get married, have kids? I just want him to be happy, and I guess it will all play out faster than I want it to.  As for now I am going to enjoy my baby...ahh, what a wonderful word baby.  Carter, don't grow up to fast! :)


Such a big boy standing up in his crib!

Crawling into the hallway

 all boy!

but, you will always be mommy's baby even when you are to cool

No comments:

Post a Comment