February 28, 2011

Meant to be

So have you ever wondered what your purpose in life is?  Growing up, I always wondered what mine was.  I knew eventually that God would reveal his plan to me.  I didn't think he would make it obvious, and I knew I would have to open my eyes and see it for myself.   I finally realized a couple of months after Carter was born what that reason was.  I had a conversation after this realization with Jeff.  I told him that I felt like Carter was my reason.  I have never been so sure of anything in my life.  I feel like since he was born, I have become so much more open and social and overall a better person.  I feel like I was put here to advocate for him and all of the other wonderful souls who carry that extra chromosome.  To let the world know that they have so much to offer, and they can do anything they set their minds to.  Carter has taught me so much.  More than any school or textbook would.  He has taught me the meaning to life and love.  I know that I  was meant for him and he was meant for me.  Both of us carefully hand picked for each other in God's wonderful plan.  This plan we call life, is so much bigger than what we think.  I feel that I was supposed to meet all of these wonderful new friends and also AMAZING parents of a little one carrying a little extra chromosome.  I feel that we are the generation of parents who are going to make a difference.  By awareness, love, and reaching out to new parents and letting them know that everything is going to be ok.  Let everyone know that their life is going to be so much more fulfilled,with the love of a child with Down Syndrome. This is my purpose




We were meant for each other, you and me kiddo!


The best thing that's ever been mine!






 

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post, Kristin! So true ... I feel that Jack is my purpose too! Your photos are beautiful also. Hope to see you and Carterbug soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning photos! You are both gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right! We are going to be a generation of parents who make a difference through the things we teach our children. Everyday I feel emboldened with the thoughts of teaching Alice to be kind, open-minded, spiritual and inquisitive. I know mistakes will be made, but we have the opportunity to change the course of things through our kids.

    You are doing a great job and I would really like for Carter and Alice to get together and PLAY!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete