May 6, 2011

Quick Carterbug update

Wow I have been so slack with my blog lately...I have excuses I promise.  I have had finals, they are over and done with and so are classes!  I have also had a sick little Carterbug on my hands too!  He is all better now but all last week poor lil bug had a double ear infection, pink eye is both of his sweet little eyes, a 103.5 temperature, a runny nose, and a nasty cough.  Poor little fella, thank goodness he feels better.  There is nothing worse than feeling helpless as a mommy, when you don't know what to do to help your child feel better.  The only thing that seemed to work was to hold him so that's what I did, and loved every second of it. 

So lets see what has been going on here lately...well I am so excited to celebrate my second mothers day with my sweet boy.  Last year he was 3 weeks old so he didn't do to much celebrating, but this year I have a feeling he will!  I am officially done with classes forever, for good, no more!  HOORAY, that was tough playing mommy, wife, chef, maid, and student!!!!  Carter has been pulling up on everything (including the bathtub, which scares me to death!)  He is even starting to cruise a little bit.  He eats everything from spaghetti to ice cream, but he has to hold the spoon or fork or shove the food in his mouth himself,  he is drinking whole milk now which is a wonderful thing (easy on the belly and the wallet!)  He has six teeth and more are coming in, they are big, pearly white and straight, this makes mommy happy since I am a dental assistant and I look at every single persons teeth that walks by me ( I can't help it).  He thinks everything is hilarious these days he cracks up at the littlest things, he also has a fake laugh that is pretty hilarious in itself!  He is a growing boy, he is 30 1/2 inches and 20 pounds. He is sleeping well sometimes sleeping until 7 or 7:30.  He is just an adorable mess and I love him to pieces.





Getting a sink bath was always something my sister and I did as babies at my Granny's house, something about taking a bath in the sink was more fun than the bathtub! 


1 comment:

  1. We had sink bathes too and so has my Calvin and loved it!

    Glad he is feeling better and you have school done with!

    ReplyDelete